Policy updated 3rd April 2018
ChuChuSchool is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. ChuChuSchool collects the minimum amount of information possible for the effective learning management of the Child.
Personal information related to the child is shared only with you as the Parent.
ChuChuSchool will never sell, distribute or lease the User’s personal information to third parties.
ChuChuSchool strives to be fully compliant with all appropriate laws such as COPPA in the USA, GDPR in the EEA, Privacy Act in Australia, New Zealand and Canada and PIPEDA in Canada and US federal and national laws of any country in which our users abide.
What personal information does ChuChuSchool collect?
- ChuChuSchool collects the minimum amount of information possible for the effective learning management of the Child.
- The first name (or pseudonym) of the Child,
- The initial of the surname (or pseudonym) of the Child,
- Month and year of the Child,
- Audio recording of the Child for spelling, vocabulary analysis and narration,
- Parent name
- Parent email
Right to Anonymity and Pseudonymity
- All users have the right to anonymity and pseudonymity. It is perfectly acceptable for pseudonyms to be used. Any pseudonyms must be reasonable and not vulgar or rude in nature or they will be removed.
What ChuChuSchool collects while the User is using the ChuChuSchool Servicesgx
- Results, audio recording and scores from the educational games.
- Usage statistics within the various sections of the ChuChuSchool services.
- While using the ChuChuSchool Services ChuChuSchool automatically collects and records certain information such as the User’s unique device ID; the User’s hardware type; the User’s operating system (“OS”); and the User’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. This information is used solely to assist ChuChuSchool in troubleshooting and understanding usage trends. This information is anonymous and not personally identifiable.
- ChuChuSchool does not record any information on the User when the User is not signed in to the ChuChuSchool Services.
What ChuChuSchool does with the information it gathers
- The Child’s results are shared with the Parent,
- ChuChuSchool collects audio data from the children for testing spelling, word pronunciation, narrating books and answering questions. ChuChuSchool uses third parties such as Google Cloud API and Soapbox Labs to process the audio files.
- ChuChuSchool does not sell, distribute or lease the User’s personal information to third parties unless ChuChuSchool has the User’s permission or are required by law to do so.
- ChuChuSchool analyses the aggregated data on the system to improve its services. No personally identifiable information is used for this purpose.
- ChuChuSchool shares anonymised data with its educational partners. This information is for research purposes which are ultimately designed to improve learning outcomes. No personally identifiable information is shared.
- ChuChuSchool reserves the right to share or sell the aggregated data on the system to other third parties. No personally identifiable information is used for this purpose.
- ChuChuSchool is committed to ensuring that the User’s information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, ChuChuSchool has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information ChuChuSchool collects online.
- ChuChuSchool uses global cloud services such as Microsoft Windows Azure, Amazon Web Services in particular and Amazon Simple Email, Alibaba Cloud services for the storage of data and general cloud services. All of these Cloud services providers are global companies with robust security systems in place.
- ChuChuSchool uses MailChimp for the sending of emails to the Parent. Mailchimp is recognized as a leader in email delivery services.
- ChuChuSchool uses Webengage to support customer services
- ChuChuSchool uses Trustpilot to gather and display independent customer reviews
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on the User’s computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic.
- ChuChuSchool uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps ChuChuSchool analyse data about web page traffic and improve the ChuChuSchool Services in order to tailor it to customer needs. ChuChuSchool only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- A cookie in no way gives ChuChuSchool access to the User’s computer or any information about the User, other than the data the User chooses to share with ChuChuSchool.
- The User can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the User can usually modify browser setting to decline cookies. This may prevent the User from taking full advantage of ChuChuSchool Services.
How ChuChuSchool uses web beacons
- ChuChuSchool may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons or “gifs”, are electronic images that may be used on ChuChuSchool website or in ChuChuSchool emails. ChuChuSchool may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Links to other websites
- Any links to third party websites located on ChuChuSchool services are provided for the User’s convenience only.
- ChuChuSchool takes all reasonable steps to ensure any links to third party websites are appropriate. ChuChuSchool is not responsible for the content on any linked third party website. The User is encouraged to notify ChuChuSchool at info@ChuChuSchool.com if there are any inappropriate links on ChuChuSchool services
Correction of Personal Information
- Users have the right to access and correct any Personal Information contained on ChuChuSchool.
- This will be done directly by the Parent on the ChuChuSchool site.
- Users may also email and request changes to be made.
- Changes of Personal information will apply to both ChuChuSchool services and related third parties such as Microsoft Windows Azure and Mailchimp
- Changes of Personal Information will occur within 72 hours.
Removal of Personal Information
- Users have the right to have all Personal Information removed from ChuChuSchool services.
- Users may email info@ChuChuSchool.com to request removal.
- Removal of Personal Information will apply to both ChuChuSchool services and related third parties such as Microsoft Windows Azure and Mailchimp.
- Removal of Personal Information will occur within 72 hours.
Removal of inactive accounts
- Account deactivation. A user account is deemed to be inactive if there has been no login or usage during a 12 month period. Once an account has been inactive for 12 months it is removed from the ChuChuSchool system and all data deleted.